Residence permit for internships

This is an authorization to reside in Spain and to participate in an internship program through the signing of an internship agreement or internship work contract in order to improve knowledge, practice and experience in a professional environment. For foreign students who have obtained a higher education degree in the last two years.

From: 700,00


Foreign students who have obtained a higher education degree in the two years prior to the date of application or who are pursuing studies leading to a higher education degree may benefit from this permit. The internships to be carried out may be non-labor (through an internship agreement) or labor (through an internship employment contract).

The host institution or entity must submit the application for authorization of residence for internships. The host entity is the entity that hosts the intern, whatever its legal form, and with which the internship agreement or the internship employment contract is signed.

In Campussing we take care of the whole mobility process of your students, from the application for the student’s residence permit for internships, individually or in groups for as many students as necessary, and we can incorporate groups of students at the same time or as needed. We will coordinate with the host institution and the internship student the whole process, taking care of everything from the time you request service to the incorporation of the student.

If you need help with this, we can also help you design your internship program, both non-work (through an internship agreement) and work (through an internship contract). We have a team of experts who can create, based on your criteria, the internship program for your institution.


This is an authorization to reside in Spain and to participate in an internship program by signing an internship agreement or an internship work contract in order to improve knowledge, practice and experience in a professional environment in Spain.

The duration of the residence authorization for internships will be:

  • of a maximum of 12 months when requested in the framework of a hosting agreement.
  • of a maximum of 24 months when requested within the framework of an internship work contract.

This authorization of residence for training does not authorize to work.

Regarding the family members of the holder of such an authorization, this authorization does not provide for family reunification. The student may be accompanied by family members who were already in Spain and who had obtained previous authorization as a family member.


  • Not be a citizen of a State of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, or a family member of citizens of these countries, to which the Union citizen regime is applicable.
    Not have a criminal record in their previous countries of residence during the last five years for crimes under Spanish law and not appear as rejectable in the territorial space of the countries with which Spain has signed an agreement in this regard.In his case, to be regularly in Spanish territory.
  • To have obtained a higher education degree, including university education, higher artistic education, higher level vocational training, higher level professional plastic arts and design education and higher level sports education, in the two years prior to the date of the application or to be carrying out studies leading to a higher education degree, and to hold a residence permit for studies, if these are carried out in Spain.
  • The internship must be in the same academic field and at the same level of qualification as the higher education degree or study program in question.
  • The internship must be performed within a program supported by an internship contract or internship agreement.
  • Have been admitted or hired in a public or private entity, on the basis of the aforementioned agreement or contract that provides for theoretical and practical training.
  • If there is no internship contract, to have a public or private health insurance policy with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain.
  • If there is no work experience contract, they must have sufficient financial means to cover the costs of their stay and return to their country and, if applicable, those of their family members, in accordance with the following amounts:
    For their support, monthly, 100% of the IPREM, unless it is duly accredited to have paid in advance the accommodation, in which case it will be 50% of the IPREM, during all the time that the residence has to last.
  • For the support of their family members, monthly, 75% of the IPREM for the first family member and 50% of the IPREM for each of the remaining persons, unless it is duly accredited to have paid in advance the lodging during all the time that the residence is going to last.
  • Not to suffer from any of the diseases that can have serious public health repercussions, in accordance with the provisions of the International Health Regulations of 2005.


If you formalize the application for the internship residence permit processing service, once we receive the application, your Campussing assistant will contact the host institution and the student to organize the whole process and plan the service correctly.

Campussing will take care of preparing all the necessary documentation to process your application, ensuring the proper preparation of the documents to be submitted by both the intern and the host institution. We will request all the necessary documents for the correct processing of your application. If you do not have any of the necessary documents, your Campussing assistant will help you and indicate how to get them and the required format in each case.

Campussing will give you throughout the whole process all the necessary indications to obtain all the required documents in the shortest possible time. Your Campussing assistant will review all the documentation to verify that the format, language, validation and any others are correct. And once we have all the necessary documents, we will make with the host institution, the formal application for the residence permit. The only responsibility of the host institution and the intern will be to expedite the obtaining of the documents that correspond to each party according to the indications that we give them from Campussing and provide them to be able to make the required application.


The application must be made telematically and the term of resolution is established in 30 days from the day following the date of application. At the time of the application, the student may be residing either outside Spain or in Spain, being mandatory that in the case of being residing in Spain, the student for whom the residence permit for internships is requested, is residing legally.

If the student resides outside Spain, once the authorization is granted, the student must apply for a visa in the country of origin and once the visa is stamped in his/her passport, he/she must travel to Spain to join the program within the established deadlines. Campussing will assist and accompany the student in the visa process to expedite the process as much as possible and to avoid unnecessary delays and incidents for both the student and the host institution.

Once in Spain, the student must apply for a Foreigner Identification Card (TIE) if the internship period is longer than 6 months. Campussing includes as part of the service, the assistance with the processing of the fingerprinting and obtaining the TIE for the internship student and his host institution, for which it will accompany the student on the day of the application for the TIE in person.


Immigration fees are not included in the price of the service and will be paid separately. These fees are a personal expense of the internship student and/or his/her host institution established by the Administration for both of them, when they carry out an immigration procedure in Spain.

To facilitate the management and if you wish, we can pay them on your behalf in advance, to avoid you having to go to the bank to pay them, but you will have to reimburse the cost.

We can make the payment of all the necessary fees for the execution of the service, or you can pay them personally at the corresponding Spanish bank you work with. If Campussing advances the payment of the fees, you will have to pay once this service is contracted: 1. the cost of the fee established by the Ministry for this process + 2. the cost of the campussing service for the payment of the fees (1 service x each fee paid).

Campussing service for payment of immigration taxes (1 service per tax)