Obtaining a marriage certificate

This service consists of obtaining your marriage certificate with which you can officially verify the celebration and existence of the marriage in Spain or abroad.

From: 150,00


The Marriage Certificate is an official document certifying the celebration of the marriage and is issued at the request of the interested party. It is usually an extract from the information in the Civil Registry, indicating the date of celebration of the marriage, date and identity of the parties, etc.

Literal certificates can be requested, which is a copy of the original registration certificate. The Partida de Matrimonio is the original entry in the Civil Register, the “literal registral”. The marriage certificate contains all the data, including the marginal notes.

In Catalonia, Galicia and the Basque Country, the marriage certificate can be requested bilingually in Spanish and in Catalan, Galician or Basque. You can also apply for a Multilingual Marriage Certificate in the signatory states of the Vienna Convention.

We offer you two types of application, standard and express, the latter is an application that we make in a more agile way that allows you to obtain certificates more quickly, if you need your marriage certificate and you do not know how, a Campussing assistant can help you to obtain it quickly and easily. Hire this service and don’t worry about it, live smart mobility!


There are two optional additional services that are closely related to the request for a certificate or document that we can perform for you:

  1. Legalization of the document: if you are going to need the document legalized, we can obtain the legalization of the document as soon as we obtain the requested certificate. If you want us to process the legalization of this certificate, you can select it in the product drop-down above.
  2. Sworn translation: if you also need the sworn translation of the document we obtain and legalize, we can process it by standard procedure (within 5 working days) or by urgent procedure (between 24h and 48h) from the moment we obtain the legalized certificate. The price varies if it is standard or express service. If you are interested in both, please indicate it in the drop-down menu above. We can do the sworn translation into any language that has a sworn translation. Contract it now and don’t worry about it!

Hiring the legalization and sworn translation at the same time as the document request will significantly speed up the process allowing you to have it in your hands much sooner.


As soon as we receive your service request for the processing of obtaining a certificate, a Campussing assistant will review it and contact you to confirm that we will start with the processing, and if necessary request additional information or documentation.

We always try to complete the process in the shortest time possible because this benefits us, but since it is a process that does not depend entirely on us, but on the administration, we cannot specify the time to obtain the final document. Keep in mind that in these times of changes after the COVID19 pandemic, the procedures before the General Registries can take more than 4 weeks.

But if there is a team that will try to have it in the shortest possible time, that is the Campussing team, dedicated to the processing of documents that works constantly with the challenge of giving the fastest response to each process and get your document in the shortest possible time to meet internal objectives. “Walk doing it right and fast” is the motto of our local registry department.

Formalize the service

To contract this service formally and that we can make the arrangements with agility will be necessary to perform two steps:

Contracting: load the service in your shopping cart and finalize the purchase.
Information: send us the “Certificate Obtaining Form” that you will find below completed.

If you complete only one of them, your Campussing assistant will then ask you to complete the other one in order for us to start processing it. But if you do both now, contracting and information, you will speed up your process by making it easier for us since we will get started as soon as we receive your request.


    Type of marriage certificate you need

    Did the marriage take place outside Spain?

    Number of copies needed:

    Do you require urgent service?:

    When you need it for:

    Attach PDF (maximum 4MB), attach previous certificates if you have them or documents you consider of interest

    In accordance with the provisions of the current legislation on the Protection of Personal Data, you are informed that the personal data you provide through this form will be processed by Campussing, in order to manage your request and send you more detailed information.For more information, please consult the PRIVACY POLICY.

    I have read and accept the PRIVACY POLICY from the website of

    I wish to receive commercial communications about Campussing's services and products.