Long-term residence in Spain

Long-term permit authorising to reside and work in Spain indefinitely under the same conditions as Spaniards.



Non-EU citizens who are in one of the following scenarios will be entitled to apply for a long-term residence permit:

  • Having resided legally and continuously in Spanish territory for five years (*).
  • Have resided continuously for five years as an EU Blue Card holder in the European Union, provided that the two years immediately prior to the application date this residence has taken place in Spanish territory (**).
  • Have made a significant contribution to the economic, scientific or cultural progress of Spain, or to the projection of Spain abroad. In these cases, the Ministry of Employment and Social Security will be responsible for granting the long-term residence permit, subject to a report from the Ministry of the Interior.
  • Be a resident and have been born in Spain and, on reaching the age of majority, have resided in Spain legally and continuously for at least three consecutive years immediately prior to the application.
  • Have been a native Spaniard and have lost Spanish nationality.
  • Be a resident who, on reaching the age of majority, has been under the guardianship of a Spanish public entity for the five years immediately preceding.
  • Be a stateless person, refugee or beneficiary of subsidiary protection, be in Spanish territory and have had the respective status recognised in Spain.
  • Be a resident beneficiary of a contributory retirement pension, included in the protective action of the Spanish Social Security system.
  • Be a resident beneficiary of an absolute permanent disability or major invalidity pension, in its contributory form, included in the protective action of the Spanish Social Security system or similar benefits obtained in Spain and consisting of an annuity, non-capitalisable, sufficient to support him.

(*) Continuity shall not be affected by absences from Spanish territory of up to six continuous months, provided that the sum does not exceed ten months within five years. If it is for employment reasons, it may not exceed a total of one year within the five years required.

(**) Continuity shall not be affected by absences from the European Union of up to twelve continuous months, provided that the sum of these does not exceed a total of eighteen months within the five years of residence required.


In addition to those mentioned in the previous description, in order to obtain this permit, the applicant must:

  • Not be a citizen of a State of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, or a family member of citizens of these countries to which the Union citizen regime applies.
  • Not be in Spanish territory illegally.
  • Not have a criminal record in Spain or in their previous countries of residence for offences under Spanish law.
  • Not have been banned from entering Spain and not be refused entry in the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement to this effect.
  • Not to be, where applicable, within the period of commitment not to return to Spain that the foreigner has assumed when returning voluntarily to his/her country of origin.


Once you contract this service and your order is formalized, your Campussing assistant will contact you to guide you with any questions you may have regarding the documentation to be submitted, as well as to inform you of the whole process and ask you for the documents we will need for the correct execution of the service.

Don’t worry, we will prepare and complete all the documents, forms and applications that need to be submitted to complete the process correctly.  In addition, we will take care of requesting and coordinating the necessary appointments with the administration, trying whenever possible, to make an appointment on a day and time that suits you.  We take care of everything!


Services included   

  • We take care of the whole process from start to finish, from the moment you hire it until you get it.
  • We prepare all the documentation required for the correct processing of the necessary permit.
  • We guide and assist you throughout the whole process, from the application to the resolution.
  • We request and organize all the necessary appointments and prior arrangements that may be required.
  • This service includes us making the formal application for this permit in Spain.  In those cases in which the procedure, for any reason, requires the application to be made in the country of residence of the displaced person, your Campussing assistant will advise you by providing online support (email/phone) throughout the application process.
  • In addition, we will take care of making all the necessary appointments in Spain to complete this procedure, trying, whenever possible, to organise these appointments according to your personal commitments.
  • We will keep a close eye on the status and monitoring of the process from the moment we start working until it is obtained.
  • Your Campsussing assistant will inform you of the steps to be followed at all times and coordinate the entire process, making the process and obtaining it quick and easy for you.


Book it now and don’t worry about it!!


Please note:

  • This service includes accompaniment on the day of the appointment to guide you through the entire process and to make the presentation of the correct documentation.
  • Your Campussing assistant will be waiting for you at the appointment site to assist you at all times in English or Spanish. It is perfect if you do not speak Spanish because we will help you communicate with the administration officials. If you need us to assist you in another language, you can request it but this will have an additional cost.
  • The price established on the web for this service, does not include the costs of immigration fees that must be paid separately by the applicant (See section Fees).


Optional services

  • Payment of immigration fees: if you want us to pay the fees for this process, which is a mandatory and personal requirement to process the certificate, you must pay them in advance. If you want us to pay them on your behalf, you must include the Campussing Service for payment of fees (1 service per fee). If you include it we will advance the payment of the corresponding fee and once paid you will have to reimburse us the cost of the fee.
  • Transfers: if you wish, on the day of the appointment your Campussing assistant can also pick you up at a meeting point, if possible at your hotel or home and take you to the office where the appointment has been made. The transfer service to immigration appointments includes the pick up at the meeting point and the transfer to the place of the immigration appointment in the city of residence. At the end of the service you will be taken back to the meeting point.


Campussing service for payment of immigration taxes (1 service per tax)