EU +3M Researchers Guide

According to their selection, the displaced person may travel to Spain with their identification card or valid European passport.

As the duration of the mobility is longer than 3 months, we recommend that the transferee obtain a European Health Insurance Card or a Temporary health insurance that covers him/her for the duration of the stay.

In addition, for stays of +3M it is necessary to process in Spain: – Initial certificate of registration as an EU citizen in Spain. – Application for a Foreigner Identification Number (NIE) for Spain. – Census registration in Spain – Other Local registrations. If you wish, we can make it easier for you to obtain these and much more.